Hotel Kugel puts you at the heart of Vienna
Situated in the vibrant heart of the Austrian capital, Hotel Kugel puts you on the centre of the map! The City’s most important locations and tourist sites are all within walking distance from her, with all the best the city in Vienna’s historic Old Town district: diverse restaurants, Vienna’s world-famous coffeehouses and traditional cafés, a colourful array of retail shops, elegant boutiques, quaint antique stores and much more! Welcome to the heart of the city, where Vienna comes alive!
Within a convenient five-minute walk, you can get to Vienna’s most famous destinations, including: Hofburg Palace, Kunsthistorisches Museum, Ringstrasse, Museumsquartier (including the famous Leopold Museum) and the famous Biedermeier style of the Altwiener Spittelberg. Best of all: Vienna’s most famous landmark – St. Stephen’s Cathedral (Stephansdom) is just a pleasant 15-minute walk from Hotel Kugel’s front door.
Schönbrunn Palace and Belvedere Palace can both be reached within 15 minutes by public transport, and access to public transportation is superb!
Directions to Hotel Kugel:
Arrival by train:
- Taxi: We recommend taking a taxi; it’s the most hassle-free choice.
- Tram: Take the No. 6 or No. 18 to Urban-Loritz-Platz. Transfer to the No. 49, and exit Neubaugasse.
- Subway: Take the U3 to Neubaugasse, and exit Neubaugasse. Hotel Kugel is about a 5-minute walk from there.
- Autobus: Take the No. 13a to Siebensterngasse
Arrival by car:
From Südautobahn (Autobahn South):
- Heading toward City Centre, exit Gürtel-West
- Continue driving until Burggasse, then turn right onto Burggasse
- Continue to Neubaugasse
From Westautbahn (Autobahn West):
- Take the West on-ramp until you reach Gürtel-West
- Travel Gürtel-West to Burggasse
- Turn right onto Burggasse
- Continue to Neubaugasse
From the airport:
Airport Taxi: C&K Airport Taxi is an inexpensive option (€ 34.00 each way). Hotel Kugel would be happy to arrange transfers for you, upon request.
- Take the Airport Shuttle Bus to Westbahnhof
- From there, take Tram No. 6 or No. 18 to Urban-Loritz-Platz
- Transfer to Tram No. 49 to Neubaugasse
- Exit Neubaugasse
CAT (Express Train/Schnellzug):
- Travel to Wien-Mitte
- Transfer to the U3 U-Bahn (subway) line to Neubaugasse
- Exit Neubaugasse
- Hotel Kugel is about a 5-minute walk from the U-Bahn station
Directions and map for cyclists
As you make your way to Hotel Kugel by bicycle, we recommend you take the Donaukanal Radweg in Nussdorf. This path will guide you along Vienna’s famous Donaukanal until you reach the Urania Observatory. From there, you can join the Ring-Rund-Radweg, a delightful sightseeing bike path that goes all the way around Vienna’s Old Town and City Centre. From here, you can explore the rest of Vienna by taking one of the main biking paths that branch off of the Ring-Rund-Radweg.
Or you can bike your way back to Hotel Kugel:
- Take the Ring-Rund-Radweg bike route from Schwarzenbergplatz to the Südbahnhof.
- From there, go to Argentinierstrasse and cycle until you reach Ballariastrasse
- Turn onto Bellariastrasse and cycle to Breite gasse.
- Once on Breitgasse, ride to Siebensterngasse.
- Keep cycling until you reach Siebensterngasse 43: et voilà! You’re back home at Hotel Kugel!
The following parking options are available to Hotel Kugel guests:
Neubaugasse Garage (50 meters from Hotel Kugel): Guests can obtain a 24-hour parking pass from Hotel Reception at the discounted price of € 10.00/day.
- Temporary Parking Permit (for hotel guests): Guests can obtain a Temporary Parking Permit which allows them to park anywhere on the streets in Vienna’s 7th District at a very affordable price (about € 4.10/business day. Caveat: we cannot provide you with a specific parking space).
- Short-term (metered) parking: You can park on the streets, however such parking is subject to fee and is limited (hence, “short-term”):
- Monday through Friday (business days), 9:00 – 22:00: you may park for €1.00/half-hour.
- Monday through Friday (business days), 22:00 – 9:00: Parking is free.
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: Parking is free.
- Note: Short-term parking rules apply in Districts 1-9 and District 20 from 9:00 – 22:00. In Districts 12 – 17, these rules apply between 9:00 – 19:00.
If you would like further details or need clarification, please consult Hotel Reception; we would be delighted to assist you.